Course Description / Requirements / Other sessions
At its simplest, risotto is a hearty, warming rice dish, rich with the flavours of the stock used in its making, as well as saffron, parmesan, butter and any of the hundreds of ingredients that match so perfectly with it. But Risotto is also the hardest dish to master. From selecting the perfect grains in the shop to cooking it at home, the process requires knowledge and tips from a seasoned risotto cook. Being able to cook a good plate of risotto adds a milestone on your Italian repertoire because it is such a versatile dish to be pair with meat or without.
Relax and we will bring a private cooking course to your door step!
Our chef Maria Piccolo originated from Naples, is an experience cook specializing in traditional Italian cooking. She has ample experience working in Italy and in Berlin. Miss Piccolo is passionate in the art of cooking PURE traditional Italian food. She will teach you the REAL DEAL in Italian cooking. From the perfect texture of your Gnocchi to conquering a traditional Italian roast and a perfect Risotto. Lastly, ”anche l’occhio vuole la sua parte” – a dish would not be perfect if you do not feed the eyes also.
This private cooking course is suitable for intermediate learners with some knowledge to cooking. The course is informal and it is advice to be done with a wine glass in hand.
For this intermediate level class, you will learn
– how to make Risotto Milanese, the pride of Milan (an essential repertoire for cooking Italian cuisine)
– how to cook risotto with one of the most expensive ingredients in the world – Saffron;
– the history of this dish;
– how to present your dish and;
– the perfect wine that goes with it
All ingredients will be provided and included in the costs. Wine excluded.
This course is suitable for a min. of 2 – 6 person, runs for 1.5 hour. Suitable for vegetarian and non-vegan. We will help you clean your kitchen while you enjoy your little piece of Italy on your plate. So no cleaning required!
Cancellation and booking policy:
- Any area outside of Berlin U-bahn and S-bahn service will incur an extra fee
- For cancellation, please inform LearnApe via phone or email at least 48 hours before class commence